Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

MM
Nah, I don't do any real hunting. I just killed six deer, two bucks and four does, in three weeks back in mid Nov. -

Nice work, I had no idea New York's bag limits were that liberal.
It varies year to year depending on leftover doe tags and a second draw but most years you can shoot at least 5 legally without going for leftover tags from a second draw if you kill at least two of them with arrows or black powder. We are also allowed to transfer two doe tags per season so best case scenario you get 2 archery/black powder tags, one of which is good for either sex, a rifle season buck tag, 2 doe tags good in any season, 2 transferred doe tags good for any season from a wife/dad/kid that doesn't hunt or want them for some reason {lots of wives/girlfriends who don't really hunt get licenses and doe tags for their old man} and 2 more doe tags in the second draw. So yeah, in total you could legally take up to 2 bucks and 7 does per season.

I’m glad I live in Texas where we don’t have to worry about all that mess. You buy your license and the tags are on it. You get 5 but each county has its own regulations.

What part of NY do you live/hunt in Blackheart? My mom’s family lived in a little farm town near Cayuga Lake. Pretty country up there.
I'm glad I live here because in 45 years of hunting I've never once paid a dime for a lease/trespass fee and I hunt in several different Counties on both public and private land every season. Once you get used to the system here it's not complicated at all. I have hunted right along the shore of Cayuga lake near the Town of Lansing in the past but not in recent years. I think the last time was 2006. I have several sets of antlers on the wall from there.

I’ve never paid for a guide or a lease in TX either, but I understand that I may be the exception and not the rule.

My uncle still has a couple pieces of farm land and lives up there. I guess somebody killed a big one off his place a couple years ago and word got out. The next year he had bow stands all around the perimeter of his 80 acre farm and trespassers to boot.

I do wish we had more public land here, as I do love to wander.