Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bugger,

Here's the 6.5x55 I've had for around 20 years. It's an FN Mauser action with a Dave Gentry 3-position safety, and a Lilja 1-8 twist barrel installed by Charlie Sisk. I did the stock myself, from a piece of "California English" walnut. Got the action from my late father-in-law, and it's one of the last rifles I'd ever sell. It shoots very accurately--about as accurately, in fact, as the average $500 6.5 Creedmoor, though I havent; found a factory load that shoots as well as my handloads.

In the meantime have owned and sold five 6.5 Creedmoors, and right now don't have one, though may change that soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But it seems that you say that you like the 6.5 Swede less than the 6.5 Creedmoor - therefore you hate the Swede. That is if the converse is true, that if I say, “I like the Swede more than the Creeedmoor I’m one of the Creedmoor haters.”
I don’t believe I said I hated the Creedmoor.

In my opinion: The Remington action is a bit short for 57 millimeter length cartridges and I think it’s marginal for the cartridges that are 51 millimeters. The Creedmoor has optimized the length of the cartridge with the 700 short action as well as many other short actions. Despite that, I like the Swede more and I don’t hate the Creedmoor.
Now please don’t say I hate the 308 in a short action, but I would like the action at least 5 millimeters longer, longer yet for the 6mm, 257, 350 RM etc.
The 350 RM is a favorite cartridge and it is about 55 milli-meters in length - it was designed to fit in the short 600 action - I believe they were designed for each other. But I’d like the action to be longer and I have 350’s in both a 700 and a 600.
Further I’d like to seat some bullets further out in the 308 class of cartridges, especially in: the 7-08, the 308, the 260, and the 358.
I think the short action is marginal for these cartridges.
If the short actions were longer, the Creedmoor may likely have been based on the 308 length cartridges perhaps a 260 AI.

By the way: I never believed you hate the Swede.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/15/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally