Bugger,

Fair enough--but I still wish I had $5 bill for every time somebody of our generation has told me (or posted somewhere on the Internet) that there's no reason for the 6.5 Creedmoor, because the 6.5x55 has been doing the "same things" for well over a century.

By the way, I would also often like a little more magazine length for "short actions." This is partly because so many newer bullets have longer sleeker front ends, especially plastic-tips. But some short-action rifles are now coming with slightly longer magazines. Melvin Forbes put 3-inch magazines in his Model 20 Ultra Light Arms rifles when he introduced them in 1985, and the magazine on Eileen's M20 .257 Roberts allows me to seat 100-grain Barnes TTSXs "correctly," meaning where they're most accurate. Despite the tendency of TTSX's to shoot better when seated somewhat deeper, the cartridge OAL is too long for the average 2.85 inch short-action magazine.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck