Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
It seems like the 7mm-08 can dupe the 6.5 CM ballistic wise and maybe even edge it (haven't looked past 500 yards) . Is it the lighter recoil of the 6.5 or the 30 degree shoulder of the 6.5? Disclaimer: I have no idea what the benefit of a 30 degree shoulder is, maybe less case stretch??

I own both and like both, but I seem to have a greater attachment to the 7-08.

The launch and continued push regarding 6.5 CreedMoor was successful to to the following:

1. Great ammo choices for both hunting AND match shooting from major manufacturers @ fairly reasonable prices. Ammo manufacturers have typically left everything except 223 and 308 match ammo to hand-loaders exclusively.

2. Twist rates that corresponded to where current projectile tech was with an eye toward the future and where projectile R&D was headed.

3. Chamber dimensions created with projectiles AND magazine confines taken into account.

4. Ubiquitous LRF's, easy to use ballistic programs, holdover reticles and/or turrets that allow the previously uninitiated to do that which they've never done.

There's nothing "magic" about any particular chambering, but, very few chamberings offer all the options, data. and components OTC (pre-current scarcity) @ one's fingertips.

A much shorter way to say it would be that the 6.5 CreedMoor is the most properly executed and supported launch of a new cartridge to date. It's the 1st "Turnkey" option for hunting and match shooting from a single platform w/factory available options.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.