Puddles' experience regarding the 6.5 Creedmoor is similar to mine. About 3 years ago I had gone through a downsizing of my hunting rifle assortment. I had a 280AI , a 7 Mag and a 35 Whelen remaining and wanted something a bit smaller than the the 280AI and it could not be a 243. Had lots of those. The 270 is too close to the 280AI so that left the 25's and 6.5's. I had seen the Creedmoor online and thought I would check one out so I picked up a new 700 SPS. Stuck a Timney trigger in it that I had in the cabinet and put it in a B&C stock I had. Mounted up a Leupy 4.5-14 from the pile and proceeded to put the first 2 rounds of Federal 120 gr Trophy Tips touching at 100M. I thought it was a fluke until the 3rd round opened the group to .520". These were the first 3 rounds through the barrel post factory. Let it cool and shot 3 or 4 more groups of about 3/4" with this ammo. Every Creedmoor I've had has been very accurate. A Sako A7 Roughtech Long Range fired 4 consecutive 3 shot groups of a 139 Scenar and Rel 17, the largest of the 4 groups being exactly .50". No "tuning", first load tried. Currently have a Christensen Mesa I've shot only twice and it's averaging under 3/4" with a couple loads with the 127 LRX. It just works.

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"