I'm late to this conversation. I don't and haven't had a 6.5 CM; in the family (meaning I handload for it if I don't own it) we have in the functional range of the 6.5 CM; .243, 6.5 x50, .260, 6.5x55, 6.5 PRC, .270, 7-08, 7x57, .280 AI.

However I most heartily recommend the 6.5 CM to new shooters for all the positive reasons listed above by Brad, Puddle, Mule Deer, Jordan and others. Well thought and designed, firearms and ammunition well executed. To paraphrase my friend Jordan when physics and emotional response get in conflict physics always wins.

Who the fornication cares about marketing, old school vs new school, gayness or other BS. The cartridge works. If it cranks your tractor rock on, if it does not find something that does and rock one.

I spent a couple of hours this PM sorting out 50 rounds of handholds for a son's 6.5x50 Arasaka, with the modified chrysanthimum denoting use in schools as a training rifle and the dust shield in place . Not practical, modern or in my opinion well thought out and executed, but its fun so enjoy and rock on.

For 99.9% of us the gun game is just [bleep] and giggles, lets not get too spun out. smile

Hope y'all have a good weekend.