So, was there consensus ever reached on the original question, why the 7mm-08 doesn't get the attention that the 6.5 CM does?

More variety of rifles being cataloged for the 6.5 CM, wider distribution of factory ammo, less expensive factory ammo, at least before the pandemic hit, and for some reason 6.5 CM factory ammo seems generally to be accurate enough that handloading and subsequent load development isn't necessary to get MOA accuracy from most factory built rifles?

Some years ago, I opined that I'd believe that the 6.5 CM would achieve mainstream status when rifles and ammo was being sold at Walmart. Since then I seen both rifles, the CVA Cascade and Savage Axis, and Winchester/Olin ammo for sale at the local WMs, so I'm convinced that the 6.5 CM has achived sufficient momentum to sustain itself for some time to come.

Since getting my first 6.5 CM in 02/14, I've only bought or put together 3 rifles in 260 REM and I only bought those because they were from a limited non-cataloged run of RAR-Ps that only high volume stocking dealers like Whittaker's had access to. Ruger did that for 2 years that I know of, the first year in 25-06 and the second year in 260, and it looked like those rifles would be the start of a trend, but the trend seems to have ended at 2, with the only other non-cataloged chambering that I recall being in 6MM REM.

My current rifle count in 6.5 CM is 17 and in 7mm-08 is 3, so I guess that you'd say that I was leaning toward the Creedmoor.