Also, the 6.5 Creedmoor isn't just an American cartridge. One of my South African friends owns a big sporting goods store in Kimberley, and reported a year or two ago that 80% of the new rifles he was selling were chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. There's a LOT of commercial culling in RSA (and some other African countries), because like Europe, game is owned by the landowners, and meat can be sold in supermarkets and restaurants. He reported the culler really liked the light recoil, and accuracy even with factory ammo.

While handloading is allowed in RSA, unlike some other African countries, a lot of cullers use factory when they can get it, to save time--which to them is money. In fact my friend uses a .22-250 for a lot of his smaller-animal culling, especially of springbok, and prefers Winchester ammo with 55-grain softpoints--which of course he gets wholesale. (When I hunted with him in 2007, he invited me to use his .22-250 for a day of springbok culling, an old Sako with a long suppressor, at that time on its 4th barrel after killing over 12,000 springbok.) But he reported the 6.5 CM provided more flexibility when culling both smaller and larger animals.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck