Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m 6’3” and 250 but have never liked shooting heavy recoiling rifles. A typical weight 30/06 when shooting off a bench and for more than a few rounds is about as much as I care for. I’ll shoot 12 gauge clays loads up to a couple hundred at a time or a box or two of heavy waterfowl loads no problem but I’m not to crazy about heavy recoiling rifles off a bench. Handguns no problem. Maybe biomechanics as I have big meaty hands and long arms even for my height. I’ve never liked heavy recoil directly into my shoulder pocket while trying to shoot right groups.

i agree at my older age now i no longer enjoy bench shooting the bigger cartridges anymore, matter fact i had a Bat action 6.5x 284 Norma bench rifle that i shot well and was in the Master division FTR 600 yd. class but shooting laying down that recoil was starting to be to much so i had it rechambered to a 6.5 Creedmoor . i have been thinking about making this Bat action bench rifle a switch barrel now either a 6 BR or a 25 BR just because then this bench rifle will have even less recoil . > another reason the the 6.5 Creedmoor is more popular is the name Creedmoor it is a neat name plus that name was in the Rocky movies also .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman