Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Whatever you say. At least my "friends" dont have to be on a free or get paid for being there hunt to take pictures with me.

I was unaware there were people who charged their friends to hunt with them.

That sounds horrible and you need to upgrade your friends.

While I have never paid to hunt with my good friends, as a thought experiment how much would I have paid to be on this hunt shooting doe WTs with those guys and Jerry M?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John everyone knows how the industry works, it might not be you paying for the hunt, but someone is letting these fellows hunt for free or even paying them to be there as a sales pitch, an "endorsement" for a product, ranch etc etc. You are also in the industry so you get included in some of these outings as well. A good friend of mine is high level sales for Vista outdoors and puts on hunts like these with people of the caliber you post pictures of on a regular basis. He would be included in any group photos of the hunts also but highly doubt he would try to cast the others as his personal "friends" on a public forum. If posted at all he would say here is myself and Kyle Lamb etc on a whitetail hunt sponsored by Federal Premium Ammo, etc.

Like myself and others have said ALL your "hero" shots are on group hunts, most likely sponsered by some corporation and free for the invitees. If you showed pics from a hunt that you and say Kyle Lamb privately booked to hunt together you might be more believable.

I mean I have paid to take classes by Pat Mcnamara, Vickers, etc and am surely in some photos with them from the classes, so by your logic they are my friends right?!