Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by kingston
Video of the moment they stopped Uvalde Officer Rubin Ruiz from advancing on the classroom where his wife had been shot. He had gun in hand. Other officers are seen stoping him. This is the guy who is seen in other images looking at his cell phone, with what some claim is a Punisher logo on the screen.

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1549760677622972416?s=21
Dosen't seem like he put up much resistance to being turned around from going to go get his ole lady.
Or had much desire to get on down that hallway in a rapid manner other than a gesture of it to save face...

Dunno..
I ain't him.
But that is how it seems to me.

It appeared to me that he'd been previously warned not to interfere/engage. His attempt at moving forward appeared somewhat expected. My take assumes they intended to keep Ruiz out of the fight because of how close he was to the events, namely his wife being an injured hostage. Officer Ruiz may have reluctantly consented to this earlier— to letting his brothers in arms respond on his behalf. Then he had to endure what amounted to no response, despite being sidelined. In short, while there was no consensus on engaging the shooter, there was consensus on keeping Ruiz out of any such engagement.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty