Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I'm not sure if you've ever driven a truck or not. But if you have, you should understand that physics and the laws of motion will prevent you from stopping on a dime. If the speed limit is 40 mph, I want my drivers to follow the speed limit and get to their destination and return safely. The posted speed limit is the safe speed that is dictated by .gov. At the same time, I don't want my drivers to drive 20 mph just in case there might be a bicyclists around the next turn. Accidents happen all of the time and it can be an unfortunate situation if my daughter is broken down on the shoulder around a blind curve. However, in the case of a lot of bicyclists, they are willingly riding in the middle of the lane around the blind curve which is putting their own lives, as well as the lives of innocent travelers in peril.

I have towed boats and RVs in areas with limited sight lines. As a responsible driver, I adjusted my speed accordingly. If your drivers choose to put convenience ahead of safety, you get to live with the consequences.