Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I used to see that all the time when I drove the big rig. In my case, I was governed at 65, and a guy is passing me, he is governed at 65.2

It will take him 2 minutes to pass me and there will be 15 cars backed up behind him, cussing us out. This is on the flat interstate, I-10 in Texas speed limit 75.

My solution: When the passing truck got even with my rear bumper, I knocked off the cruise and slowed to 60 mph. Left lane guy passed me in ten seconds and got ahead of me in the right lane. Left lane clear for cars. And I lost 15 seconds of driving time. Gee, do that 8 times a day, and I have lost 2 minutes. Heartbreaking.

About half the truck drivers would be polite in the right lane, like I was, and the other half were a**holes. Or else just stupid hard to tell.

I wondered why those drivers that are in the right lane wouldn't lift off for a few seconds. Hell, if someone is slow passing me when I am driving an auto, I'll lift off.
Have passed a few on the shoulders. 2 semis play who has the bigger dick for 5 miles and the first clear straight shoulder becomes my lane.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!