Originally Posted by Tesoro
Plus I have NO IDEA what pleasure these cross country bicyclists get pedaling on a road all day with trucks and cars passing them at 60mph 4 feet awa. I used to have a hot cummins powered 4x4 that could roll coal on demand. Used to give me some satisfaction.

Traffic brings no joy, could well ultimately prove fatal or crippling.

But crossing the continent on a bicycle? I’ve driven across on four wheels multiple times, which doesn’t compare with doing it on a motorcycle (I’ve been over most of the Lower 48 on motorcycles). Both of these pale in comparison to getting it done on a bicycle 😎

Strangely enough traversing parts of North America on a bicycle makes this place seem smaller, and you becoming intimately familiar with the landforms and the parts you rode.

Only had coal dumped on me once, along the Upper Missouri in Montana. I shot the guy the bird of course, now I’d just ignore it. Anyone who does that and just drives off is a pu$$y.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744