Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

If you want to get a bicyclist going, ask them how they feel about pedestrians on park trails (with no bike lanes).

And then, when motorists complain about bicyclists clogging up the roads, those same bicyclists are all like”Hey!! I got rights!! I’m exercising here!!”...
Or about the Prarie apples horses leave on the bike trail.

The Katy Trail runs through my AO and a lot of people ride horses/mules on the trail.

Every time I cross it and see the gifts the horses leave behind I chuckle.

Kind of a pizzer, that trail is. The last time a train ran the tracks was the late 70s/early 80s. They sat abandoned and all grown up. Buds had stands along the old line and close to it. Once the govt decided to make a bike trail out of UT the hunting along the tracks started to suck.

Same goes for a pard that has a house with the trail in his back yard. House was built 10 years or so before the trail was a thing. Now he has minimal privacy in daylight most of the year. Cannot shoot there anymore either.

There are several stables right smack dam in the middle of the NOLA metro area where a multi-use path runs along the river. I frequently encounter riders and road apples there. I'll take that over the bum schidt that I have to occasionally dodge.