Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
10 pages. It's not hard to acknowledge that most people don't like bicyclists. Nobody likes being inconvenienced in an way, regardless of the time frame that occurs. Prome example is that I fuggin hate semis. I understand their need but that doesn't stop my unreasonable side from pissing and moaning about how slow they are, can't see around, accelerate like a snail and congest the highways. It is what it is.
Yeah, them fuggers too.

Going up a 4 lane highway, two lanes in either direction. One semi just has to pull out and take up the passing lane just to take the whole hill to pass his brother trucker, backing up all other vehicles from passing. And then realize he's managed to gain one truck length's time on his trip.

I used to see that all the time when I drove the big rig. In my case, I was governed at 65, and a guy is passing me, he is governed at 65.2

It will take him 2 minutes to pass me and there will be 15 cars backed up behind him, cussing us out. This is on the flat interstate, I-10 in Texas speed limit 75.

My solution: When the passing truck got even with my rear bumper, I knocked off the cruise and slowed to 60 mph. Left lane guy passed me in ten seconds and got ahead of me in the right lane. Left lane clear for cars. And I lost 15 seconds of driving time. Gee, do that 8 times a day, and I have lost 2 minutes. Heartbreaking.

About half the truck drivers would be polite in the right lane, like I was, and the other half were a**holes. Or else just stupid hard to tell.