I have reread this thread.

On the subject of body weight and strength….
I became a CrossFit addict summer 13 years ago at age 60. I was pretty good all things considered. I got to a CF total of 600# and I finished in the top 50 worldwide a couple of times. Weighed as much 187. I was in reasonably good shape I thought.

Since Jan of this year I have dropped 20#+ and now weigh about 165#. I eat a more plant based diet. Am doing much more running and rowing and Pickleball. Doing lots of yoga/stretching for mobility. Not quite as strong but much better at hauling myself around. Actually I think 155# will be even better.

On rifle weight, I find that a lighter rifle is better by far. I like it in my hands not in a pack. I prefer an all up weight of 6.75#. Mine is a Rem Ti with a custom barrel and stock. I can shoot it just as well as an 8-9# rifle provided that the LW has a really really excellent trigger. I really dislike hanging a bunch of stuff on a rifle.

Last edited by RinB; 08/29/23.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.