Originally Posted by battue
Name me one active sporting endeavor where age doesn't rob one of their endurance and strength. I exercise usually 5 days a week...weights, cardio, hiit, zone 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I'm not even close to when I was 35 or 40. And then there is age related wear and tear, age related longer recovery. Maximum sustained HR declines with age.

It's why there are Masters events for runners, Senior events for golfers, tennis, etc, etc. You will find few who are still guiding Sheep hunters after they hit 40. It seems the early 30's is when VO2 max starts taking a hit.You can improve your VO2 max for your age bracket, but one will never be a trained 35 again. And unless one is more than a little serious, lean muscle loss is real after age 50.

Cross fit athletes are no longer on the podium much past 35. At 35 one goes into the Master division.

None of this means older hunters can't get it done.....but they won't get it done as easily. And wearing 10 pounds boots or carrying more rifle wight than they need will be of any help.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. The first thing I said was," age is always going to be a factor." I simply prefer to concentrate on the parts I can change.