It's pretty simple in my mind with the 68-70 B-bodies. if you stay within the confines of the factory wheel houses and you run a sure grip.... Everything matches up pretty well for street friendly fun.

When you outgrow your factory wheel wells with your traction needs, you outgrow a lot more than just the wheel wells. When you need to tub a B-body you need a lot more than just tubs in my opinion. Like a bunch of chassis work, maybe 4 link, narrowed axle of course, cage? Not to mention the obvious HP to turn it all and you best step up to something like a dana 60 as well.

That's a big step to take, big step.

And in my opinion it's the type of project that you build out of a car that is much further gone than mine. Like a car that needs frame rails and full floors do to rust. Because it's going to have to be "back halved" anyways for the 4 link and you'll be making a lot of your own floors anyways...

Every true gear head should have a beast like that, I probably will someday but it won't be with the roadrunner. This old bird has too much going for it with the numbers all matching up. And I don't mean "period correct" or �date stamp correct" engine etc, I mean this car has the VIN for the car stamped on the block and the trans. Somehow it all stayed paired up and in the right car all these years. That's pretty cool, I think.

Now I do have a "too far gone" 64 ford galaxie at home that wants to be tubbed, narrowed 9" rear, 4 link etc. And it is the right candidate in my mind because the floors are so far gone that I'll have to fab my own anyways. I'll likely go around 500HP with that one Spooled & narrowed 9" with at least a foot of rubber on the road per side. An unruly FE/4 spd combo.

Some day.

But the bird is to be more of an enjoyable cruiser.

Something clever here.