Well it wasn't the committed weekend that I wanted, but some work did get done on the car so that's better than nothing I guess.

I decided to use ordinary construction adhesive to "glue" my hood skin to my stamped hood frame in the spots where there was originally a seam sealer of sorts which sets the height of the hood skin in relation to the stamped frame on the underside.

To do this I decided to use a pair of saw horses as support bunks and a wheel/tire as a weight to offer some downward pressure on the stamped frame as the adhesive sets up.

[Linked Image]

Here's a shot of the new rear bumper with most of the hardware transferred over to it from the old bumper.

[Linked Image]

Here's my best worker running the 90 degree angle die grinder with sanding pads inside the engine bay.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The exhaust manifolds are off.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e...ds/Resampled_2012-05-06_16-50-00_258.jpg[/img]

I will cut that shaft out of the manifold and plug the 2 holes it went through as part of my manifold refurb.

I'm really glad I pulled the manifolds, I did have an exhaust leak that sounded like hell under the hood before and I was also getting a bit of a coolant smell from a minor coolant leak on one side that was burning on the exhaust manifold. I see that I was missing one of the special long reach manifold nuts on both manifolds. So I'll be ordering a fastener kit for these along with my gaskets.

Something clever here.