I'm going to post the paint formula we decided to go with in case it may be of value to another T7 guy out there.

Here's what we did.

I took my car's driver side door over to my buddy's collision repair shop. He's a jobber for "Metalux" brand of automotive paints and he had a vast collection of metallic color cards. We had the car door outside in the sunlight and we peeled back the factory weather stripping from the inside on the door. This exposed perfectly preserved factory original paint to the sunlight for the first time ever. The paint was not marred or dulled in any way, no adhesive or any other sort of residue, it was perfectly clean, perfectly preserved for our visual color match.

We sorted through hundreds of color cards under many different families of tones etc. From a distance or perhaps from memory, it's likely that any of the hundreds of panels would have been "close enough". But we narrowed it down to a final 5, then 3, then 2, then 1 by viewing at many angles for gauging color flop, many different light conditions including a special light he had for helping in this sort of selection. The color we chose was our very best effort at matching the original single stage factory paint, and we were very thorough.

So, with all that being said.

Our Metalux code for the base is,

Code: EY01080
Variant: Standard
Product: Metalux
Range: BC Effect

That�s what we�ve got. Perhaps that code can be cross referenced to other product brands.

I�m calling my buddy today and asking him to mix some of this up for me as I�m about ready to start jambing.

Something clever here.