I keep a scuff pad within reach as I make my way around a car with the blocks.. What a lot of folks don't understand is that when I say "make my way around the car with the blocks" That doesn't mean you can time me with a stop watch as I make the lap, hour glass wouldn't be the right tool either, try a calendar. That's how much freaking time it takes lol!

But the scuff pad is within reach as is the box/roll of paper and various blocking tools. I wear a very good dust mask and even still I do everything I can to not stir up the dust. I use the air hose very little, it puts all that dust in the air and I don�t like doing that without the exhaust fan running because it gets all over the shop. Even when I�m all done blocking and it�s time to clean up the sanding dust I like to start with a shop vac, then tack rags/wiping cloth and finish with the air hose.

I find that most times what ends the usable life of a piece of sanding paper is if paint/primer balls up clogging the paper so you are riding on gummed up sanding dust rather than the abrasive surface of the paper. For that reason a gentle swipe of the scuff pad works well for cleaning the working face of the paper. I also wipe the sanding dust off the panel I�m working on quite frequently with the scuff pad, this too helps a lot because you are able to make better contact with the panel instead of riding on a bunch of sanding dust.

I�ll be back out there tonight and every night between now and the June show down in Farmington MN.

I sold some of my old shop equipment, thinking about buying a new spray gun I�ve had my eye on for several years. I think this job is important enough to use a really good spray gun on.

Something clever here.