There always is.

Well, that's not fair actually. Sometimes you can be pleasently surprised. This was not the case with the roadrunner though.

I did think the floors were good from inspecting the underside before purchase of the car. That and the drivers rocker, and passenger fender were surprises.

Everything else I expected, I could see the trunk floor was junk, trunk to quarter extensions, outer wheel houses, quarters...

I took a chance on the roof, especially around the front and rear glass (trays) and the roof overall since it was a vinyl top car. I won on those gambles and lost out a little on the floor, rocker and the passenger fender.

Not a big deal really.

I won out bigtime with the discovery that the car still had it's original engine and transmission verrified by VIN stamped on them.

Overall it's a good car that needed what most need, a little more than some and a little less than others.

I don't like picking up repaints as projects because they can hold secrets under that paint. But this one was unique in that it had a repaint with some crazy artwork that was dated 1976.

How many secrets could be hiding on a car that was repainted when it was only 6 or 7 years old?

Plenty.

grin

But now I know what I've got. it's too bad I'm not really a mopar guy at heart.

grin

(that's gonna drive the mopar guys NUTS!) Lol!!

Something clever here.