Yeah I know it looks like the thing to do Dave. But you'd have to know me better to understand. I'm on a deadline of sorts that I am not sure is possible (dont know if I'm going to make it)

Here's the thing, in my mind, if that engine comes out right now... I can just as well tack another year on this project.

I'll try my best to explain what I mean. I'm building a driver, I want it to be nice, but it won't be a trailer queen. I have a basic budget type plan for this car, budget on money and budget on time.

I know what things I want to do to the car and I know what things I want to leave alone for now.

If I take that engine out of the car, I'll have it apart in no time and I'll be blowing cash on new engine guts etc. And with the engine out, might as well drop the K-frame, and then since it's such an empty shell at that point... might as well drop the rear axle and springs too. Stick it on a rotisserie, make the belly as pretty as the top side, pull the dash out, leave no bolt unturned...

That's where it would lead to.

And I might someday, but right now I just want to drive it. It's sort of a line I've drawn in the sand.

Something clever here.