Originally Posted by Tonk
Pete your correct! Yes, just like fly fishing, you don't wait until you get their to learn how it is down etc. I had no idea that PH's in Africa used sticks in the first and nobody bothered to go over the facts with me the day before either. I suppose they thought such things are a given but not to this Yank!

I still don't and won't use them, until I can not hold my rifle steady, then I'll do what I have always done and find myself a support and this won't be someone elses sticks.

Jorge-1 The US ARMY does a very good job of teaching it's troops how to use a rifle off-handed and trust me sir, this I can do without the help of sticks. Funny I have never seen an elephant shot with the client using a set of sticks! Well anyway Jorge I can still hold my own up to 200 yards on a killing area that is 12 x 12 inches. I can also shoot with either hand and perhaps a tad better with my left side, do to better vision in my left eye. However, makes no difference to me except for the rifles being right handed.

Late to this thread, but if you can stay inside a 12x12 at 200 all day long, with a hunting rifle, you should have been in the marksmanship unit in the ARmy, you could have been setting national records in no time at all. And thats not under pressure shooting like hunting is, you have a better rifle, better sights and time to set it up right.

Shame on the Kudu too. That would have been a nice one. Thats one reason one should research and ask questions and do practice with the tools for the task well before one ever leaves on the hunt. Tough to do though if you don't know or don't take the time to ask.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....