Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Here's what a 9"X 12" at 760 yards (1 1/2 MOA?) looks like on 6X

It's all relative. This is what an inch and a half dot would look like at 100 yards, a 6" target would look like at 400 yards, etc...

Not enough magnification for me to feel I could hit it more than miss it. With the crosshairs on it, it would be almost completely obscured.

[Linked Image]

Actually that in no way represents the perspective of looking through a 6x scope. Through the scope pics never represent what the shooter sees through the scope. It strikes me as odd that someone who considers themselves a marksman, somehow believes that 6x is only good for 200 yards. When I hear things like that and if the person IS skilled at distance shooting, it's clear that their skill and knowledge is narrow even if it has depth. I hear it the most from LR Tac/sniper competitors. They may be good long range shooters (or may not be), but often they have very little experience outside of those matches using 15-20lb LR guns.

If one were to ask a skilled 3 gun competitor the same regarding 6x magnification, with shots ranging from muzzle to 450-500 yards, they'd tell you that 6x is plenty to hit the average target which is 8-12 inches.