Originally Posted by Dogshooter
It would be fun to see the course shot with an actual hunting rifle, say sub-9lbs... off the pack...no Kestrel.... no range card.... glass'em, range'em, bang'em.... under your 4min hard-deck.

Mine was the closest I saw to anything resembling a 'hunting' rifle.... it wore fixed 12x.... and weighed 9.3lbs. I know..... a 'hunting' rifle is what it is, and if you can pack it you can pack it.... just saying a squad of 8-9 guys running 'hunting rigs' for a $20/ea side pot would be interesting.

I've told you before, I've shot the match with my factory A-Bolt and a VX2 and paper data. Shot 45 beating plenty of Operators with $5,000 rigs.

Originally Posted by Tanner
Did Ya' notice the part about "solo, mountain hunting"? I never extolled the virtues of a 6x on static steel targets, for use in a match involving heavy rifles and high magnification scopes... Because I wouldn't shoot a 6x at one...

Tanner

The match replicates hunting. It can and should be shot with what you'd hunt with, if only to reveal your rifle/scope combination's and your personal limitations.

One of my friends who is a top precision shooter in the country, shot a 3 at one match....

Maybe he should have shot the match with his scope set on 6. LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.