Jesuz Dogshooter, you and smokepole suffer from the same affliction, a lack of reading comprehension. At no point did I say you can't be both. Only that some folks tend to take a shooters approach to hunting, or vice versa. I was not and will not bash either side of the argument. I've been on both sides at one point or another..

You dudes need to grow some thicker skin, your sounding a bit whiny!! Simply stated that IME, hunters tend to fall into one category or the other based on a lot of factors....

Smokepole, "Beyond what is necessary" simply means getting closer is usually an option........

As I said I'm guilty of all of the above. I've taken plenty game at LR, taken shots that I could have stalked closer on, and have been over scoped at times. I guess if forced to, I would classify myself a hunter/shooter these days........ I have the gear and trigger time to be capable of very long shot's but ideally I'm not looking for one.. Therein lies the difference I suppose....

Accordingly something with 10x's on the top end is about as much as I need.

Either style will get it done, but to have a 60 something page argument about a 6x not being enough for shooting big game way the he11 out there is fuggin stupid....

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)