Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ctsmith
The next thing that comes to my mind is that Rick is certainly qualified more than most for long range shooting. Even so, he recently had a first round miss on a distant antelope..... The difficulty of the task leaves me wondering if most need to back down on their distance if a first round ethical kill is the objective.

I hear what you're saying, and there's truth in it. But I'd be willing to wager that if all of us backed down to shots that we'd made 100 % of the time, most of us would have to quit altogether. Which is another way of saying we've all missed shots that are within our capabilities.

I remember that post though. As I recall, I think he shaded his wind hold such that he made a clean miss, then corrected on the next shot. Hard to find fault with that result.

Hey, if you think while earning any of those trophies and placing how I did that I never missed, you really don't know how things work

The winner is the guy who makes the least mistakes and misses

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.