Originally Posted by pre64win
Thanks for the bump, BSA... ask and you shall receive.

This is the preferred hunter for me

[Linked Image]

Pre-64 action
Lilja 3-groove stainless 11 twist chambered in .30-06
McMillan stock
Leupold VX-3 in Talley mounts
Cerakote flat black finish

It's a 8 lb tack-driver... I can't bring myself to go into the woods with anything else.

Pre64win. This one you haven't seen. It was put together very well and is my main elk hunting rig. It too is "8 pounds" all up. 4 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Oh the beauty of an H&H action my friend. I know you like customs and putting together a good rifle. This is a good one for its intended purpose.

1954 H&H receiver
338WM Match grade gretan barrel
Brown precision pounder stock (weighs in about 20 oz's with paint and recoil pad)
Midnight blue cerakote

It packed wonderfully last year during elk season. My hunting partner can't believe how light it is for a 338 laugh

[Linked Image]

These are the first 2 groups shot with the rifle. I still haven't even done any load development for this one. These loads were worked up for EricM's 338:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I may work up a good load for this ol girl this fall after elk season and see what she can really do....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I pulled the Swaro off because it tracked for chit and installed a cheap Zeiss. Much prefer a scope that tracks vs. one that doesn't. Regardless of how much it costs!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA