Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well I bedded the barrel channel yesterday and freefloated it from the recoil lug out. Kind of like I did with the std wt I sold to EricM. Here's how she turned out:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I loaded up some 225gr. Hornady sp interlocks last night and took her out for a test drive today. Brass was new so load development for accuracy was kind of a moot point. However, Now I know a few things: The rifle functioned flawlessly, it's showing good potential for accuracy, and I don't like shooting in the damn rain and wind!!!!!:

First group fired with ol betsy's (my old faithful Ruger m77 mkII) pet load of 67gr. IMR4350 and 250gr. sierra gameking bullet. I used these bullets to get the scope adjusted. This was the actual first group fired with the '59 Alaskan (scope was not dialed in at this point):
[Linked Image] 3 shot group @ .950". Always a good thing when your first group with a new rifle is right around 1 MOA.

Here are some of the other groups shot today:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/chiefbsa/009_zps0f157367.jpg[/img]

Shows some pretty good potential I think....It should do better next time out with some fireformed brass. Hopefully the weather is more cooperative as well. I think I'm going to love this ol girl grin

BSA, Do you take in any work or just buy em , bed and tune to suit you and sell em if you already have one? I learned early on with cattle,airplanes and guns that if you have the right 'no excuses . cattle,plane or gun they will dam near 'sell themselves' . Good looking bed and seal job, Ive been wanting to find something good to seal my barrel channels with. Any suggestions on sealers?