Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Originally Posted by southtexas
My experience is the same as yours with M70's (pre or post), but every 88 have had or tried had a very mushy trigger, and from what I have read, very few 'smiths can help them much. Just wondering if the 88's from the custom shop had triggers that were any better.

I must not have been clear on my post,photos. I have never owned a Win mod 88, I do have a mod 100 in 308 and I lucked out there as I zeroed after scoping 3 model 100's of the 3 mine had the best trigger by far,Im betting luck of the draw as the other 2 were pure grunters! I also have my FIL's mod 490, the mod 100's baby brother in .22 lr. They were made or put together in Canada for just a year or 3, fantastic .22's with a big rifle feel BUT they too have grunter triggers that my smith says that there is very little he can do to tune or help, that is a shame as mine has a fantastic barrel and the only thing keeping it from shooting with KIDD 10-22's is the trigger! Maybe I cleared things up, I think you were referring to a Custom shop Sporter Varmint mod 70 in 22-250 that was born in 1988. very best WinPoor

My mistake. Went back and re-read your post. 88 was the year it was made, not the model #.