Originally Posted by lundtroller
Cartod,

Beautiful Model 70!!! I have your gun's older cousin by about 180 guns in 30-06.

I stumbled into mine a couple of years ago in a pawnshop sitting barrel down in an overcrowded open gunsafe. I noticed it was a pre 64 70 with an old hard rotted slip on rubber pad and I asked to see it. I saw that it was a pre war 30-06 and my interest waned slightly as I didn't really care for pre war safetys and wasn't really in the market for a 30-06. Then I turned it over, saw the serial # and just about passed out... had butterflies in my stomach like when I was a little kid. Next I looked at the price, ripped the old rotten pad off to make sure the buttplate was there, and purchased that rifle as fast as I could.... I think I would have sold one of my kids into slavery if I'd had to in order to secure that rifle!!!!

I love to pull it out and just look at it. I tried to find out who pawned the rifle just to call them and ask them some questions about its history and how it ended up where it did... if only it could talk! The pawn shop wouldn't give me the information.

Do you shoot yours? I have not as of yet.

Lundtroller
I cant bring myself to take it out, but I think it needs to go hunting again. It has been really well kept but did have one hole drilled in rear bridge for lyman alaskan....:(