Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I think it's a great gift and very sound rifle to kill things with. We all have our own opinion and preferences of what we like to use.

I joined the thread because of silly things like deeming the 30-06 great because a guy in Atlanta thinks it's a benchmark and some magazine articles.

I've meant no disrespect to the OP and hope your son loves his new rifle. Much higher quality than what most people have.

I don't know you sir, but I do know "the guy from Atlanta" for he is a good friend, and his trophy room and hunting life has more animals than one can imagine, so I'm sure you can understand why I take him as his word..

Lol. Not once has anyone said the 30-06 isn't able to make things die. It's a high powered rifle for crying out loud. I find it funny people think it's great "because it's worked for so long". All the people that's killed things with the 30-06 could have done the same with a 270 etc.

A man having a full trophy room means nothing about a rifle chambering or a mans knowledge about rifles. I've the same type friends and they've filled rooms with archery equipment and factory ammo.