Originally Posted by saddlesore

Poor parenting in this country has caused a heck of a lot more deaths than lead.

That is true......

But there is also a point I didn't make clear in my first post in the thread. In the federal database that is recording deaths of wildlife because of lead toxicity, or wildlife with high lead levels (but cannot be determined if the lead levels were sufficient enough to be the cause of death) , there are a few ungulates--as in pronghorns, deer, and elk. Very few but it is there.

No, eating game meat killed with a lead core bullet is very unlikely to produce ill effects on us hunters, but consuming a game animal with already high levels of lead can be. Carnivores/scavengers are more likely to have lethal levels of lead in their system, and the data base was originally created for raptors. Birds tend to concentrate lead most of all. Explaining why that is, is out of my league.

Although the original OP was directed towards the effects of the lead core bullet we used to kill that individual animal, the question of using lead core bullets and it's cumulative effect on wildlife--and ultimately humans-- goes beyond the original question.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.