Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote=BWalkerThat study tested blood levels, which is one indicator of exposure, but not of neurological damage that lead passing through your system causes.

I thought the same thing when I read it. Some chemists can't think outside their fields so they miss things.

Seems to me IF you know that there is little or no lead in the blood, then the possibility of neurological damage isn't very likely. It is like saying you don't have a bullet hole in your body, but you are still going to die from lead. Sorry, but there is not enough evidence or positive studies that show eating game killed with lead bullets causes lead poisoning in the human body. In fact based on past history and evidence of the use of lead bullets for a hundred years +, it clearly shows the opposite.

I keep thinking back when eggs were considered very bad for cholesterol. Caffeine was bad and caused cancer, red wine was bad for you. All those have been debunked. Think of all the prescription drugs doctors reccomend and yet the side effects are worse than what they are suppose to cure. We put things in our body everyday that are not the best choices,but they don't kill us. My father worked in coal mines for 25+ years and had Black Lung and suffered strokes.He lived to be 93.My sister who never smoked,didn't drink died of cancer when she was 44. My DIL has just finished radiation treatment for breast cancer, she is about as straight as a person could be.There is a hell of a lot of things that a person could be worrying about in their life Using lead bullets is way down on that scale

[/quote]
Lead moves in and out of the system, so a blood test is just a snap shot in time and doesn't really tell you anything about the damage done. So for instance someone ate pain chips on a regular basis as a child. A blood test taken 20 years latter woukdnt tell you anything of value, because the exposure happened years before and the lead ingested them woukd have been excreted.