Originally Posted by Ray
Originally Posted by BWalker
The company I last worked for would not allow any asbestos on site and we ran Cat dozers,scrapers,loaders, etc.
I'm sure some Chinese stuff still contains it, but it's been phased out for 20 years from most products.
When copper and fish toxicity are talked about its copper sulfate that's the toxin, not pure copper as found in bullets. Besides comparing copper tp a power neuro toxin like lead is silly.

Not to disagree with you, but asbestos is still used on the brake lining of industrial heavy equipment. CA tried to ban it in 1999, but I don't think that it succeeded. Look at the EPA list that was published or revised in 2016 for the products not banned:
https://www.epa.gov/asbestos/us-federal-bans-asbestos

In relation to copper/gold and fish, I was just having fun. That said, all metals can be harmful to fish and humans. All depends on the amount of ingestion.

Just because they can use asbestos, doesn't mean they do. There are no active asbestos mines in the country, the liability is huge and like I mentioned Cat specifically hasn't used it for years.