While the asbestos mine in Canada closed around 2012, asbestos in brake pads and shoes and the other "no-banned" products in the EPA list are to be banned in Canada by 2018. I have worked in the business of lead and asbestos abatement since 1995, and know very well that after a banning takes place, it takes a few years for the products to be faced out. Don't believe for a minuted that some floor tiles and other products that are on the EPA NOT banned list aren't imported to the USA and sold locally.

In relation to copper versus lead-containing bullets, at the moment it has been decided that copper is safer than lead. But it does not mean that in the future copper at certain levels will be considered safe. Thus my comments about metals such as gold that do not tarnish, in relation to copper which does.

The only thing one can do is to take the usual precautions relating to lead-containing bullets and lead in general. Just don't go out there and continue sucking chunks of lead, and remove the meat around the bullet hole or fragment. Also, if you shoot indoors all the time, make sure that the air in shooting facility is filtered in accordance to the EPA standards relating to indoors shooting ranges. The precautions are common sense stuff we have no need to argue about. In fact, if you are so concerned about lead versus copper and have no concerns about the foods in plastic containers you eat each day, or about the poisons you breath indoors, then there is nothing anybody can say.

My last comments on this subject just took place smile

Last edited by Ray; 08/31/17.