Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

There's a certain psychology at play where people would find that funny and those same people would be ready to fight if someone did it to their loved ones in the theater parking lot. Some of it is a bully mentality, but I think the bulk of it is that somehow an encounter with someone on a bike is less than a human encounter. I generally have favorable interactions with motorists, and I think that has to do with the fact that I make myself as easy to get along with as possible. About 3 years ago around the fourth of July I dressed myself out in patriotic garb and did a 50 mile ride through the rural countryside. I had never had motorists go to greater lengths to engage respectfully. Wider than normal berths as they passed me. Scrubbing off more speed before passing me. Waiting more patiently than normal. Friendly waves as they passed by. Something about the patriotic attire humanized the encounter.

[Linked Image]

Reading about your bad attitude and whosit over there with the 9 mm is it any wonder you get smoke blown in your face
Not to mention the road hogging, like you own it, and the attire.
I definitely keep my distance when I pass a bike but I cannot understand the mentality of bicyclists thinking that they own the road.
Roads were made for cars and trucks and motorcycles, not Bicycles
Do you guys pay road taxes on those bicycles?

Yes. I pay taxes that fund road building and maintenance. I don't hog the road. No matter whether I am walking across the road, bicycling, driving my truck, motorcycling or towing a trailer. I care about other road users and do my best to get them on their way as quickly as I safely can. At the same time, I am not going to apologize when someone has to lift off the gas for a second or two or apply gentle pressure to their steering wheel to move over. Frankly I have no use for a cundt that would whine about that.