Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Good point.

And I might mention the tax on fueling just one of my Peterbilts was way more than any bicycle rider ever paid. Ever price out a set of super singles and the excise tax on one of those puppies. You could buy a chitpota of bicycles for that.

After reading all this paulbanard BS, bikers just might want to stay to the right of the fog line for a few days.

It sounds like you pay tax at a level that is commensurate with the wear you cause. I mentioned the last rural ride I went on in Colorado was a 61 mile ride. Here's the pic again.

[Linked Image]free image sharing

It was a lightly traveled road with no useful area right of the fog line. I encountered few vehicles. When most vehicles approached from behind I rode into the grass on the right, stopped and waved politely as they drove by. I got a friendly reception to my behavior. The only delay I witnessed on that road was this. I noticed no cars had come from behind for 10-15 minutes. Then I heard a big rig coming up from behind beyond the bend. Without hesitation I removed myself from the road. The tractor trailer rig came slowly by with about a dozen autos stacked up behind it. This despite the fact that there were numerous places where the driver could have pulled over to let traffic vent.

I don't let the selfish behavior of others shape my behavior. I just keep right on being polite and accommodating.