Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist.

Do you need to change your habits? I certainly don't expect special treatment. Just like I expect when I drive my car, I expect not to be killed or injured through the negligence of others. Is that special treatment in your mind? I did some driving in addition to my riding yesterday. When I was driving and encountered cyclists, I didn't need them to do anything. I braked, slowed or steered around them as necessary. To expect other legal road users to do anything for me is to expect special treatment.

Pal [bleep] you right or wrong if I'm hauling a D7 and heavier you're a dead mother f***** getting my way