Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
How modest of you with your two layers of shorts!

Simply the act of me forcing people to slow down is inconsiderate.

If someone has to modify there behavior or actions because of something I am doing....well....I feel that is inconsiderate.

Just me.

I do my level best to keep from slowing anyone down and most consider me anal about it. My wife wonders why I sprint across crosswalks. I am always ready to pay quickly at the end of a register transaction. Before the transaction is over if their machines allow. Our spare time in this crazy world is limited, so I respect others time. But it's also part and parcel of our existence on this heavily populated planet that we cannot plow through life unimpeded.

I apply a standard of reasonableness. To me it's perfectly reasonable that a farmer would move farm equipment down a rural roadway. I do like farm products after all. Especially sheep. It would be unreasonable for that farmer to absolutely disregard other road users in the process. It's perfectly reasonable for an RV driver to go slower than the rest of traffic. Their purchase and travel pumps a lot of much needed money into the economy. It's unreasonable for them to stack traffic up for a mile behind them in between Monarch Pass and Gunnison. Yes I saw that, and it really was a mile.

When I bicycle I will do my level best not to inconvenience anyone. I mentioned this earlier. I will not apologize if someone has to lift off the gas or ease over into the other lane. I don't consider that a heavy lift at all. If I can safely do it I will move my ass off of the road if I think I am going to hold someone up for more than a few fleeting moments. The cyclist in the pic Shrapnel posted was just a non-issue to motorists.

When a standard of reasonableness is applied folks will obviously have different ideas.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/31/19.