Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've seen several times in my travels, when they have pulled right out in front of moving vehicles....
and then learn the logistics of 5 to 10,000 lbs vs 200lbs of cyclist and rider....

saw one get wacked last year, after pulling right in front of a Dodge 3500 Dually, after running the stop sign.

Left no room for the Dodge not to hit him.....

I felt no sympathy for the the cyclist....he played Russian Roulette with a large loaded pickup and lost....

kinda like feeling sympathy for someone who shoots himself... stupid should hurt...

Motorists do that too. Disregard for stop lights and stop signs isn't unique to the cycling community.

In my experience the percentage of bicyclist disregarding traffic signal and rules of the road is much higher than the percentage of motorists.

In fact I never see a car go from riding down a side walk, slip over to the road, blow through a red light and cross diagonally across an intersection. I've see that at least once just this month. Several other times seen something similar. Changes states like a quantum particle, pedestrian->vehicle->unnamed thing impervious to physics.

Carpe' Scrotum