Originally Posted by bigshot1975
Paul you seem to fit the bicyclist train of thought very well, indignant a$$holes every one of them! Where I live they finally put in god damn bike lanes do you think they use them?

I love bicycle lanes. Good ones that is. I have seen too many cyclists summarily dismiss them. Some (few) based on my observations are poorly thought out. Some here in NOLA are completely within the swing radius of car doors. I avoid those. When you get doored, 90% of the time you get knocked out into traffic. A Coast Guard bud of mine got doored and it tore his bicep almost completely in half. He was knocked into a travel lane and were it not for an alert motorist he would have been run over.

Most of the motoring public sees a cyclist avoiding a bike lane and they automatically think "azzhole" You can't really blame them if they don't recognize the threat that a cyclist may see.

You seem to object to my postings. Let me ask you to identify a single point I have made that is incorrect or shows that I am discourteous to other road users. If you are going to hold up my mere presence on the road as an example, then there's not a conversation to be had.