Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist. I usually do because I don't want to intentionally injure someone, meanwhile these arrogant cyclists pedal all over Montana and other highways with little regard for an automobile that could smash the piss out of them and then finger you when you pass. Don't tell me that doesn't happen because it does.

Worse yet is to get 2 or more cyclists and they ride side by side and ride casually expecting everyone to yield to their riding habits. I have spent over 40 years driving professionally all over southwest Montana and have easily logged over 1.5 million miles avoiding those people. I will admit they are not all that way, but most are. That is an observation from being on the road, not reading about it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]