today i used Reloader 17 and my groups went to 5/8 inch ,then i took 10 of the once fired weighed and neck turned Lapua brass and shot those 10 again 7 went in a 1/4 inch group the other 3 were still 5/8 of the 10. next time i shoot i will load those same 7 Lapua cases and see if they still shoot in the same place ? i used to do this with my 7mm-08 brass that i neck down 308 Lapua brass, weighed ,neck turned and shot tell i found matching cases . in my area they had winter shoots ,also with best 5 shot group at 100 yards for money with a hunting rifle years ago . with the right benchrest equipment,scope , barrel thats glass bedded and a decent trigger some guns will shoot some very nice groups too. i also notice using Reloader 17 powder this rifle seem very smooth and the same feeling of push recoil maybe as some say balanced harmonics ? not sure ?

i just got my Remington Model 30 Express action back with a new 25 inch Brux barrel, #3 -7 1/2 twist 257 Roberts and just glass bedded stock.maybe this old rifle will shoot well too with Black Jack bullets or Nosler Partitions 115 gr. ?like i told Greg the machinist maybe this old rifle will out shoot my 25 Creedmoor ?

Last edited by pete53; 08/15/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman