Originally Posted by Kaleb
I’m a 25 cal fan and my wife shoots a 250AI. So with that said I understand hunting with 25 calibers and a few months ago plenty of decent hunting bullets were available. I’m just curious what you’re trying to do here that couldn’t be done much easier by dropping down to .243 or stepping it up to .264?

rifle looney`s are always doing reloading projects before that cartridge ever becomes manufactured by ammo companies. i was 7 years ahead of ammo factories with a 7mm-08 ,the one cartridge that never has been developed by ammo factories and should be is 6mm -284 or even a 25 -284. i own 243`s ,264`s and even a 256 Newton all fun stuff. but the .257 or 25 caliber bullet is way over looked and very accurate, and a great hunting bullet too, i have always been a fan of the 25 caliber bullet. yes i may own 2 - 6.5 Creedmoor target rifles both are very accurate but i still prefer a 25 caliber cause i can . tomorrow or tonight i will post what i have done while shooting my 257 Creedmoor rifle today off my cement bench with target rests at 100 yards / 5 shot groups. what i am trying to do is consistent 5 shot accuracy under a 1/2 inch at 100 yards ,not just 1 good group to take pictures and show off to your friends . i have a few of these rifles now including a 7mm-08 but i like new toys, i have my own legal approved 100 yard rifle range with a heated shooting house 200 feet from my home out in the country so it just easy for me too build what i want for a cartridge and 10 miles from my house the machinist who builds national benchrest rifles that win lives.wildcat cartridges are just neat to own and use and the Creedmoor brass case is an excellent one and easy to find and buy too, which makes us Looneys very happy too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman