started shooting today off a cement bench and it was sunny ,warm and still, i used the new Berger 135 gr . target bullets ,was 20/1000 off rifling for these 3 groups out of my 257 Creedmoor, no chronograph was used my back too stiff for now after that nasty 4th back surgery this winter . 1 st. group used junk brass to make sure rifle barrel was dirty > 1st group was1 inch group , i have not shot this rifle for a while since November. 2 nd. group used good brass that has been neck turned and weighed group was 7/16 inch 5 - group 100 yards used RL. 26 . then i remembered i needed the forearm bench rest plate needed to be put back on also checked my reloading book notes and RL.17 was the better powder for this Savage action /257 Creedmoor rifle 3rd. group was 5/16 four were in same hole last bullet off just a little might have been me ? i could tell when the rifle went off the RL.17 powder seemed kinda smoother too seems like when a person has shot alot you notice these little things ? also with my Redding powder bench rest volume loading that the RL.17 is just a little smoother than the RL26 too. > more to come these new Berger 135 gr. target bullets seem real consistent , wonder maybe i may need to buy some of the new Berger 25 caliber 133 gr hunting bullets too. Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 07/18/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman