Originally Posted by Offshoreman
I think the rest of the world is using 25 CM so I just thought it sad that all your "pioneering" load development will get lost unless someone knows to search on 257 CM. As to a reason for naming as you did, it makes perfect sense but perception and public onion never follow logic. Other than that, I appreciate you sharing all that you do. I'm planning on my own 25/257 foray into quick-twist & heavy-long bullets. I personally think that the 25 Creedmoor as it stands now, would have become by mid-summer a recognized, SAAMI standard cartridge - but the economic situation created by the Covid-19 pandemic, may put that on hold for another year. After Nosler did what they did with the 280 Ackley Improved (I wouldn't have had a problem if they had named it something else.), I think I'll wait until someone major like Hornady starts producing loaded ammo to fully 'lock down' the cartridge dimensions/specs. Having said that, big kudo's to Alpha for taking the first step by commercially offering its SMRP brass.

i guess i would wait also tell this 25 cartridge becomes a manufactured cartridge and/or bullet makers build some better bullets. if old Walt Berger was younger this cartridge /257 Creedmoor -25 Creedmoor would for sure get some better attention with much better bullet types and weights. maybe these 131 gr. Black JACK bullets might preform better at the farther distances too ? hopefully soon i can get to a rifle range with farther distances then i will know for sure what i think of Black Jack bullets .i have the Black Jack ammo built to use at farther distances already.

Last edited by pete53; 04/20/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman