my rifle has a older brux barrel 1-10 twist 27 inch barrel , i am not sure how many deer or bigger bucks i have killed, i never counted them ,but my experience which may not be as many as some, i will say sometimes bigger bucks that i have shot thru the lungs or the heart will still run 20 - 50 yards after i shot them before these bucks tip over here in northern Minnesota.the 10 pt. 205 lb. dressed buck this year that i shot towards the end of the rifle season rutt time when i shot him thru the heart made it almost 50 yards and tipped over dead, these deer up next to the border of Canada are good sized too. > as far as shooting coyotes if you wanna save the hide the 257 Weatherby is not the cartridge you wanna use it will ripped the hide up bad maybe blow the coyote in 2 pieces. i use a 220 Swift with 60 gr. Nosler Partitions using this bullet in the Swift cartridge saves my hides to sell for a small profit.i also have a Noreen AR-10 in a 243 Win. that i use 85 gr. Nosler partitions for long range fire power and this cartridge does not ruin hides either. Pete Noreen lives near Missoula,Montana i would build a AR-10 much better coyote rifle , if you live in Montana many times i call in 2 or 3 coyotes at a time and a good semi-auto in a AR is the way to go. good luck

Last edited by pete53; 11/27/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman